SEE WHAT'S BEEN HAPPENING AT THE SHELTER LATELY
Update: Thank you so much to those that participated in National Cupcake Day for the Wild Rose Humane Society! Your donations are helping animals in need.
Support the Wild Rose Humane Society by participating in National Cupcake Day! Join us on Monday, February 25 for the sweetest day of the year! National Cupcake Day is fun for everyone and a great way to get involved at home. Here's how it works:
1. Bake some of your favourite treats. You can make as many or as few as you would like!
2. Invite co-workers, friends or family to enjoy them in exchange for a donation to Wild Rose Humane!
3. Donate the profits; you'll be helping our animals and making everyone’s day a little brighter!
You can be as creative as you want planning your Cupcake Day party! You can hold a virtual Cupcake Day party where donors receive a virtual e-card, deliver cupcakes to your supporters, or hold a decorating contest with fun prizes! There are lots of ideas to make your Cupcake Day party irresistible. For any questions or help getting started, contact firstname.lastname@example.org. Have fun and on behalf of the animals, thank you!
2018 Holiday Survivor Raffle Rules
1. Each entrant will form their own team of 4 players. Individuals may be part of more than one team.
2. Each individual entrant on the team will pay a fee of $15 cash plus contribute one alcoholic beverage which can be wine, beer, coolers or spirits, or a fine box of chocolates with an approximate value of $10-15. Each team should ensure there is a variety of items entered. We will accept a maximum of 200 individual entries into the raffle. Maximum proceeds would be $3,000.00
3. The alcohol must be bottled and sealed commercially (not homemade).
4. Each team must have one person designated as team captain. The team captain is responsible for notifying other team members when their team has been eliminated, and distributing prizes if the team is a winner.
5. Entries will be accepted until 11:59 MST November 30, 2018.
6. As in the TV Show Survivor, participants are expelled until only the winner remains. Expulsion draws will start on Monday, December 2, 2018 and will be held daily until December 6, 2018 until only 8 entries remain. The final 8 will be drawn at on December 7, 2018. As names are drawn, that person is expelled, but may still be on a winning team. A team is eliminated when all team members have been expelled. Approximately 1/5 of the teams will be eliminated each day. Draws will continue until all teams have been eliminated except 1. The final team remaining is the First Place Winner; the second-last team to be eliminated is the Second Place Winner, and so on. Prizes are awarded for the final 4 teams.
7. Team captains will be notified daily via Facebook post and/or email of the draw results on each of the 5 draw days. The final draws and announcement of winning teams will be made at the Wild Rose Humane Society on December 8, 2018. Team captains will be notified by phone or email if not in attendance. Prizes will be available for pick up by the team captains on that date, or at a mutually agreed alternate date and location. It is the responsibility of the team captain to arrange delivery to team members.
8. Prize amounts are awarded to teams based on number of entries received. a. 1st place – 50 % of total prize, to be distributed equally to each team member b. 2nd place - 25 % of total prize, to be distributed equally to each team member c. 3rd place –15 % of total prize, to be distributed equally to each team member d. 4th place – 10 % of total prize, to be distributed equally to each team member.
9. Draws will be made at the Wild Rose Humane Society, 13 CoOp Road, Didsbury AB. Draws will be conducted by a minimum of 3 members of the Wild Rose Humane Society.
10. No person under the age of 18 years of age may enter the raffle. The ticket will indicate that a purchaser must not write down the name of a person under age 18.
11. All alcoholic beverages and fine boxed chocolates received as entry fees will be distributed as prizes. No cash prizes will be awarded. All cash received as entry fees will be retained by the Wild Rose Humane Society as proceeds of the raffle.
12. Payment for the $15 entry fee may be made by cash or cheque. Cheques must be received by November 23, 2018 noon, to allow time to clear the bank before the first draw on December 1, 2018. One bottle of wine, beer, cooler, spirits or fine boxed chocolates worth $10-15 per entry must be submitted at the time the entry fee is paid. All items will be stored off site until the final draw date.
13. There are no restrictions on the participation of members, families, volunteers, etc., of the Wild Rose Humane Society.
14. Any prizes unclaimed after 90 days from the final draw date will become the property of the Wild Rose Humane Society.
15. The Wild Rose Humane Society and the Alberta Gaming Commission are not responsible for any disputes which may arise between the different individuals who have chosen to enter the raffle.
AGLC Licence # 512432