Wild Rose Humane Society is extremely appreciative of all the hard work our volunteers do. Without their support we could not continue to do the great work that we do. With the many different departments and work that we have to do at the Wild Rose Humane Society we are always looking for new volunteers to help out in a variety of different departments. Volunteer work can be done in the marketing, fundraising, programs, or volunteer departments. These departments will provide volunteers the ability to help the community as well as develop new skills and a rewarding experience.
If have a love for animals, want to help out in your community, want to meet other individuals with similar interests, and are 16 years of age or older, you can fill out an application to become a part of our team! Youth ages 12-15 are encouraged to apply as well, we are currently looking at creating youth volunteer opportunities for this age group.
For a Description of Volunteer Opportunities that may be available please click on the link below. Please note not all opportunities may be available to new volunteers. If you are interested in applying to be a volunteer, please select the “Volunteer Application” button below. Existing members may select the “Volunteer Portal” to see available opportunities, schedules and their information.
Join our Board
The Wild Rose Humane Society is currently looking to add new board members! Those interested in becoming a Board Member, our committees are always looking for additional members.
We currently are looking for committee members in the following;
– Communications and Public Relations
– Volunteer Committee
– Foster Committee
– Spay and Neuter Committee
– Building and Asset Management
Board Members must:
– Attend a minimum of 8 Board meetings for each year of your term
– Attend a minimum of 3 fundraising/publicity events per year of your term
– Attend WRHS committee meetings as required
– Be at least 18 years of age
– Complete a criminal record check If being on one of our committees, and future Board Member please ensure you sign on as a volunteer (see above) and notify the coordinator who contacts you, that you are interested in one of these positions.
Become a Member
The Wild Rose Humane Society is currently looking to add new members!
Memberships entitle you to these valuable offers:
– 10% discount on courses and seminars offered by WRHS
– 10% discount on WRHS merchandise
– Voting privileges with attendance to the Annual General Meeting (for those over 18 years of age)
**Please Note: Membership will not take effect until payment is processed.**
Our foster program for cats and dogs was launched in early 2014. We are always accepting applications. We are looking for homes in the communities between Innisfail and Airdrie that can temporarily care for homeless/abandoned animals for eventual adoption. We have a great network of vets, animal day cares, kennels, trainers, etc. that will help us assess the animals.
If you are interested in becoming a foster, please fill out the online volunteer application (see above) and ensure you select which animals you would be interested in fostering, in the “Assignment Preference” section. Once your volunteer application is processed one of our Foster Coordinators will contact you to continue the process.